Freedom to Work

 We all know industrialism, people with jobs engaged in recreation at every opportunity. Recreation is the greatest good of existence according to the industrial ethic. It is the reward for competent performance at one's job. 

Nothing could be more opposed to that ethic than post industrialism. I love the new tech. When I have an idea at two in the morning, I brainstorm it with my AI companion, Claude3 Sonnet, immediately, on my smartphone. I have the freedom to work. I have the freedom to consider work my recreation. I have the freedom to be a bon vivant in my work, to be a dull boy.

Industrialism to this point only requires four functioning neurons, one to tell the time, one for sexual arousal, one to turn a bolt, and one to hit a golf ball. Post industrialism requires your whole brain to keep up with AI and pity the fool who ablated their brain with hard drugs and hard liquor because the mass industrial ethic was forever.

I am not that fool. Are you?


Do Well and Be Well....

Comments